Friday, May 13, 2016

Tips and Tricks on Saving Money

Mavis over at One Hundred Dollars a Month challenged her readers to share their tips on how they save money. She had twelve questions and asked that participants answer five to seven of them.

I decided to take the challenge, but as I said in my response, "most of the time we don’t feel like we’re saving any money. Most of the time, it feels like we’re right on the edge, and so I don’t, often, feel like I have any great how-to advice when it comes to pinching pennies, but when I read articles on money-saving tips, I realize that my family also does a lot of the things that other people do, and in some ways, we go a step beyond. So, I thought I would give it a shot."

This links to my full response.


Here's a sneak preview of part of one of my answers.

Tip #2: How do you save money on entertainment costs without ending up like a shut-in?

My answer: We volunteer! It's a great way to become involved with our local community, get out and meet people, AND see a show. I love my community theatre and becoming a volunteer there was probably one of the smartest moves I've made.

My daughter as the door-greeter (one of the usher staff) at our local theater


It was a lot of fun doing the exercise. I know a lot of my readers have some great habits for simple living, which often results in money saved. Let me know if you decide to submit your savings story. I'd love to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment