Sunday, July 12, 2015

New Clothes

I had a few minutes this week to start cutting out the pattern for my new skirt. I bought the pattern at the end of May and then, purchased some fabric a couple of weeks ago. Things often move very slowly here, and I fit in new projects wherever I can. It's a process.


I cut the pattern out, and then, stuff happened, and I didn't get around to sewing it until this weekend.


It's a bit shorter than I was expecting, and the skirt isn't quite as full as I thought it would be, but overall, it's comfortable and I like it.

I was so excited about it, I decided to try making one out of some old shirts I had lying around. I used three shirts, and added a bit on the skirt and waistband. It's a denser material, and so it came out a little heavier than I expected. Plus, I'm pretty sure that I'm going to dye it, because I have had bad experiences with wearing white skirts.


I had some awesome helpers while I was sewing.



And my daughter was so excited about my skirt projects, that she requested to make her Darlek shorts. She learned to sew on a machine. She had a great time. She loves her new shorts.


Life is good.

4 comments:

  1. What a great skirt. I have a pattern that I have had for about a year, still not started.
    Rosezeeta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how that is. Sometimes my life is very full and I just can't make the time to do one more thing.

      Delete
  2. The skirt looks great, love your helpers :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They were a lot of fun to work with ;).

      Delete