Monday, October 6, 2014

Warm Enough Still

After a day of painting the house, during which she assisted the whole time ... without complaint (and, in fact, volunteered, as in, Can I help? I changed my clothes and everything!), Precious helped me make soup for dinner.

Again, she volunteered.

It's chicken, and she listed off the vegetables that she wanted in the soup - potatoes, carrots, and cabbage. She wanted to add the garlic, and she wanted to add the spices.

Then she said, "I love cooking!"

That girl. Warms my heart.

I think I'll teach her to make biscuits tonight.

********************************


... and later.



She's a fast learner, and I imagine she'll be making them all by herself in no time ;).

2 comments:

  1. How nice! Sounds like you raised her right :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nancy, but I think she's just like Lady Gaga - born that way :). She's an amazing young lady, and I'm a very lucky mama.

      Delete