Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Dinner Prep Chatter

Big Little Sister is making dinner tonight. Her specialty is Dragon's Breath Pizza, which she makes, totally, from scratch, including the crust. It includes hot peppers as one of the ingredients*.

I'm sitting in my office, tapping away at some transcription I'm doing, and I hear from the kitchen, "Can you get me a hot pepper?"

Little Fire Faery goes out in the yard to the container that has Hungarian peppers and harvests one for her.

Can I just say how much I LOVE having a garden?





*She's making a gluten-free entrée with some corn pasta, local vegetables and left over steak for Deus Ex Machina and me, because we don't do pizza crust. She's a pretty talented chef. Maybe she's started on a career path ... ;).

1 comment:

  1. I love being able to grab a bunch of herbs or the salad leaves from the garden. It is great :-) But I love it even more that your daughters are cooking you dinner with ingredients from the garden. Life is good :-)

    ReplyDelete