Monday, November 25, 2013

Gratitude - Day 25

I have over 900 published posts on this blog right now. That's a lot, I think ... or perhaps not so many, considering how many years I've been blogging.

I also have three years' worth of archived posts on my computer that are no longer on this blog, but I don't know how many posts are there.

I've been blogging since 2005, and for the most part, my topic hasn't significantly deviated from the topic of self-sufficiency. This blog has been a chronicle of my family's changes in lifestyle, and it's been quite a ride, really.

What's very cool is to be able to go back and see what we did. Specifically, it's fun to look back at previous years' posts for things like: our first fire, the first snow, home-made gifts, when we started sugaring, when we planted the garden. It's a record of what was happening on that day, at that time, and more times than I can count, having this record has been incredibly useful.

I am thankful to my friend, Judy, who got me into blogging way back in the day, and I am thankful to all of those of you who read my posts, and I am deeply grateful to those of you have left comments and shared your stories and have become friends of mine over the years.

I often comment about how blessed I am, and this part of my life, this blog, and those who have shared in our adventure, even just virtually, are part of my enchanted life. Thank you for being there.

No comments:

Post a Comment