Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Gratitude - Day 13

This evening, Deus Ex Machina and I were invited to do a book talk about our recently published Browsing Nature's Aisles. In addition to just talking about the book and our adventures in foraging, we also offered some foraged foods (the soup turned out really good, by the way).

It was such an amazing event - a small gathering of friends and new friends. We made some wonderful connections, which I hope will be maintained. Community is so important, paramount, even. And I feel incredibly blessed each time we are able to strengthen and expand our circle.

It's not abut selling books or whatever. It's not about my being someone who knows something ... but about sharing, and that's what this evening was. Yes, Deus Ex Machina and I were standing at the head of the class, but the amazing part of it is when others start to share their stories, too, and there was that, as well.

I am so, incredibly, thankful for wonderful times, like this was, whether I'm standing up there or whether I am sitting and listening to someone else sharing their stories and knowledge. We all have so much to give. The challenge is to be open to those gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment