Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Red is Better than Gold



A friend asked me today how my garden was doing, and my answer was, kind of, blah. It's not that the garden is doing poorly, I said, but rather that I'm just not a very good gardener.

I guess it does okay, and maybe I'm being too hard on myself, but compared to some other, wonderful, gardens I've seen recently, mine is kind of sad.

I harvested a bunch of orange-tinged tomatoes today and put them in the window with the ones I harvested the other day.

They look pretty in the window, and looking at them, I think, maybe the garden isn't doing as poorly as I think ... and if it is, it doesn't really matter, because they sure look pretty on the window there, and they'll taste great!

1 comment:

  1. I will admit to vegie garden envy... I am OK at gardening, but not consistent enough. I water properly for weeks, but forget to feed. Or forget to water at a crucial juncture. I think I would be a better gardener if I had Staff.
    BTW that is a great window decoration!

    ReplyDelete