Wednesday, September 18, 2013

For a Million Dollars

I was listening to a radio show this morning, and the DJs started talking about this survey in which participants were asked if they would give up some thing for the rest of their lives in exchange for a million dollars. The two they mentioned were fast food and alcohol, and the DJs were surprised that more people would give up fast food than alcohol.

Personally, that doesn't surprise me. I wouldn't EAT fast food (e.g. McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's, Taco Bell, Long John Silver's, KFC, Pizza Hut, etc.) for a million dollars (well, I might ... once), but I very much enjoy a glass of wine or a bottle of cold beer, especially if we brewed it ourselves.

Anyway, no one would pay *me* a million dollars not to eat fast food for the rest of my life, because I already don't eat fast food ... unless by "fast food" one is talking about canned pumpkin bread. In which case, I might have to decline the cash ;).

3 comments:

  1. It would depend for me...I'd be happy to give up both, as long as I could still use rubbing alcohol for injuries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, wouldn't that be a fine deal for us 'suburban foodies'. I would happily give up my (non)consumption of junk food for a cool million.
    Anyway, surely the US should be able to print up a million for each of her citizens during tea break at the money printing factory you have going on over there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Jo - *grin* - Surely you don't think that the US government is concerned about the financial well being of its average citizen.

    ReplyDelete