Monday, June 3, 2013

Growing in small spaces

We have six of these containers in our yard. They're approximately 2' across and about the same depth. A good friend gave them to us as barrels and we cut them down to use them as container gardens. This year, we've used them, not only to grow some of our food, but also to increase the aesthetics of our front yard - and they do look so pretty with the plantings of annual (edible) flowers and edible greens.

I think this is one of my favorite gardens this summer.

1 comment:

  1. They are cute! I ventured into using half wine barrels last year, and I am loving the extra depth and space I get over my other pots. I have used mine under trees in the front yard so the plants don't have to compete with the tree roots.
    Every square foot counts in the suburbs!

    ReplyDelete