Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Gratitude: Day 20

I am incredibly thankful for this blog. Having it, having this place to explore my thoughts and feelings about what's happening in our world and where it's going, and sharing my family's adventures as we attempt to live a lower-energy lifestyle in a high-consumption environment has changed me in very profound ways.

It's been more than just turning off the lights when I'm not in a room or hanging out laundry rather than using a dryer. It's been a complete change in my attitude about things - in particular about the very fundamental, core values that make our society continue to operate as it has for the past hundred years.

I'm thankful, because I feel like my life is better in very significant ways ... and I certainly think I'm a better person.

The other half of writing the blog is knowing that there are people out there reading it, and really, as other bloggers have observed, without readers, it's just me talking to myself ... and since I already know how I feel, it would be kind of pointless to voice my opinions, outloud, if I were the only one to hear it ; ).

In fact, if you have a moment, and you're so inclined, please feel free to add a comment about yourself and your blog on my new page.

Mostly, I'm thankful that someone is actually interested in what I say, and for a girl with self-esteem issues, I think those of you who read, and especially those who comment, have no idea how much it means to me.

So, thank you. Without you, much of my progress over the past many years that I've been blogging, might not have happened.

With this post, I will end my daily Thanks Giving. It's been a great twenty days, and I know I didn't even begin to scratch the surface of giving thanks for the many blessings in my life. My goal during this almost three weeks was to focus on some small things that, as a suburbanite, I might take for granted - things that, in a poorer world, I hope I can still have - like hot showers, dandelion coffee, and good friends. In the greater scheme of things, those are the things that are important, and part of my giving gratitude is my attempt to remember those things, especially when lots of not-so-great things seem to be happening all at once.

Here's hoping everyone has a great Holiday with more reasons to be thankful than not.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your "Gratitude" posts. Perhaps it will encourage more folks to express their gratitude. I've enjoyed them as well as your other posts.

    ReplyDelete