Saturday, November 10, 2012

Gratitude: Day 10

Today is my parent's forty-ninth wedding anniversary.

They are still together through my father's military career, which included two stints in Vietnam, multiple separations when Dad ended up assigned to duty stations where my mother couldn't go, and moving every year for the first nine years of my life (and probably every year or two before). They've been through nearly every sort of high and low that a couple can experience, and endured ... including raising me through my teenaged years.

I am lucky to call them parents, and I am thankful to have them as an example of endurance and what really loving someone and being committed to another person looks like.

Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad. Here's to many, many more ;).

2 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy, I'm really liking your month of gratitude. That is a very meaningful way to give thanks.

    Congratulations to your mum and dad on their increasingly rare achievement - a long and happy marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your parents. My parents too had a long marriage, my Dad passed away in hospital on their anniversary. Their long marriage set a great example, making me realize that you don't give up when things get tough.
    P.S. Am loving all your gratitude posts.

    ReplyDelete