Monday, October 8, 2012

*Not* Bike Riding in the Rain

Precious tells me that it's clouding up outside. She's telling me, because there are clothes on the line. I tell her that it was cloudy when I put the clothes out there.

It won't rain on them. I hope.

Then, much to my surprise, given that she's already expressed belief that it might rain, she says, "I'm going for a bike ride."

What I hear is that, in spite of the clouds, she's headed outside to ride her bike up and down our road. I'm a little concerned, because the neighbors are having some work done on their house, and there's a lot of vehicular traffic over there today. We live on a fairly narrow road - barely wide enough for two cars.

What she really meant when she said, "I'm going for a bike ride," was vastly different ... and safer ... and if it does rain, a much drier bike riding experience.

3 comments:

  1. I keep threatening to wire a genbike into the TV, so someone has to pedal to watch it. Of course, the wife & daughter would whine until I did it for them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the helmet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy-

    The book arrived, and I just wanted to say thank you again. Looking forward to when I can burrow into the couch for a weekend and read it cover to cover.

    -Sharon

    ReplyDelete