Thursday, September 9, 2010

Visitor

The blogosphere came to life today in the form of Kate from Living the Frugal Life, who has been on tour up here this week.

I will admit that I was a little nervous, because ... well, because from pictures and anecdotes her homestead is pretty impressive, and I really was nervous that she might snicker at my feeble attempts. She didn't. She was completely gracious (which I totally appreciate ;).

It was so nice chatting with her and her father, who has some very cool history and a lot of similarities with me and Deus Ex Machina (we're all Veterans, and we were all stationed in Germany, for one ;). They both had some really fun stories to tell, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

It's very nice when I discover that unlike the character in Brad Paisley's song, a person's online persona ends up being exactly who they are.

It was such an incredible a pleasure to have met Kate. There just wasn't enough time, and I really hope we get the opportunity to chat over tea and half cake* again sometime.

Dang! I forgot to show Kate the fatback I have in my freezer and get that block of instruction on how to make lardo ....

Hey, Kate ... on your way back down south ... :).



*It's really called Chocolate Delirium Torte, but was dubbed *half cake* by Deus Ex Machina, because it takes 1/2 bag of chocolate chips, 1/2 lb of butter, and a 1/2 dozen eggs and is baked for 1/2 an hour ;).

2 comments:

  1. Kate and her dad were very nice. I only wish that I had more time to visit, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great meeting you all, though I too wish we'd had longer to visit. The half cake was astounding! Thanks so much for the pumpkin and the seeds. I forgot to say in person - please do drop me a line if you should ever have a trip scheduled down my way. I'd love to reciprocate as hostess. And I'll do my best to post on my lardo procedure soon-ish.

    ReplyDelete