Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Headline Is ...

Companies Brace for the End of Cheap Made-In-China Era.

And all I can say about that is ... not surprised.

Buy it now, and learn to maintain it, because it won't be long before a lot of those trinkets we so dearly love to clutter up our living space will be unavailable or unaffordable ... or both.

And buy a sewing machine and learn to use it. Remodeling old clothes into new ones might very well become how we dress ourselves when cheap clothes from China aren't so readily available.

6 comments:

  1. Yes being that many of the trinkets bought from China are assembled in human trafficking

    ReplyDelete
  2. And all I can say about that is ... not surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the part of the article about American companies bringing some of their manufacturing back to the US! Good news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. But whatever you do---DON'T BUY A SEWING MACHINE MADE IN CHINA! Actually my piece of crap was made in Thailand. Not like that's any better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's great, like the part about many manufacturers coming back to the US. You go China! I'm glad those people are becoming aware of their rights and how they are being exploited. I just hope Mexico, India and the others realize it too.
    And I hope this bites a big plug out of Wal-Mart's @$$!! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. there is an awesome article by vicki robin in the compilation Imagine that I think you would love! i think i have an extra copy here somewhere or can photocopy it for you. just give a holler ~

    ReplyDelete