Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Meal of Gifts

Recently, we have been gifted a great deal of food.

The first were the several pounds of pasta Mama Daughter and Mr. Field&Stream were given and passed on to us.

Then, there was the deer.

And this past weekend, my very good friend and her family came to visit. She brought me rosemary.


I'm not sure why, but when I looked at the rosemary it said, I am foccacia bread. Let me just say, when the herbs start talking, one should listen ... and no, there wasn't any smoking of other herb involved ;).

Lunch yesterday was a celebration of all of the gifts we've been given lately. I made bowtie pasta with a deer meat sauce (using the home-canned tomato sauce from the hothouse tomatoes :) and foccacia bread with rosemary.



It was delicious!

Thanks for the rosemary, Hope ;).

7 comments:

  1. you are so very welcome ;} I have to admit it is fun sharing what little bounty our garden provided this year. I'm so glad you are all enjoying it. I can't wait to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fresh thyme and rosemary (organic, but sadly boughten not gifted) recently told me that they were lardo. So I pulled some fatback out of the freezer and started a batch. I hear and I obey. If it turns out well, I'll also blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a delicious meal.

    We are back to travelling to Portland for the teen. Would you like a visit soon?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that meal looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The deer meat also makes wonderful tacos and lasagna! Well, chili too. and stroganoff and soup and....

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's even better when it tells you to be a baked good! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything is better with Rosemary.....

    The meal looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete