Thursday, November 5, 2009

Horror in Uniform

So sad.

This after I was reading an article in which the author stated ... with spending and debt already at record peacetime levels ....

Wait .... What? Peacetime levels?

Last time I looked (and granted, I haven't watched television in a long time) we were still at war.

Aren't we?

There was no cease fire ... no Treaty of Baghdad ... no pulling out of troops.

We're still fighting and still deploying troops and still losing soldiers, every day.

In fact, the tragedy at Ft Hood is because one soldier (and I use the term very loosely) didn't want to be deployed.

Nobody wants to be deployed, but those people who are responsible and have integrity understand that when they agree to serve, they are obligated to do the job.

Like cops ...

and firefighters ...

and septic tank pumpers.

I have no sympathy for him, and I'm not sure a firing squad is enough.

My heart goes out to the families and soldiers at Fort Hood. May we all find peace soon.

1 comment: