Saturday, August 8, 2009

Dried Raspberry Leaf

Yesterday I made two lovely loaves of zucchini bread.

And then, since the oven was hot anyway, I put the raspberry leaves I'd harvested on a pan that has holes in it and shoved it in the warm oven.

Voila! Dried raspberry leaf for tea ... no power required.

I harvested some sage and some tarragon today. I'll do the same thing with them, when the chicken is finished cooking.

And speaking of cooking ... tonight will be our Maine dinner, per the Governor's challenge. It will consist of homegrown, oven-roasted chicken (our own), grilled corn-on-the-cob with local butter (both from the Farmer's market), generous slices of zucchini bread (Aunt Amy's zucchini), and, maybe, some wild Maine blueberries with fresh whipped cream topping (both from the Farmer's market ;).

Mmmm ... Local food is so yummy.

2 comments:

  1. What time is dinner? Set a few extra plates we'll be down! lol

    ReplyDelete