Monday, March 30, 2009

Great Article

I was surprised (I don't know why, exactly, except that very few "mainstream" publications seem to have a clue as to what is really happening in the world ... although I'm not sure Ode magazine qualifies as "mainstream") to see this article in the most recent (print) addition of Ode magazine.

It would be nice if the President would heed the advice of some of the authors I've been reading, like the one who penned the above referenced article, and tell us, not what we want to hear, but what we need to hear.

I guess what's interesting in a morbid fascination, like watching ants-kill-a-grasshopper, kind of way is that more and more I've been running across articles that say the same thing, or something similar, to the things I've been reading on blogs for the better part of two years. Either *they* are just getting it, or (some of) the public is just now ready to hear it. Either way, it heartens me to realize that this kind of dialogue has become mainstream.

But, at the same time, I'm disturbed that it's taken so long, and while the public may be ready to hear, our leaders clearly aren't ready to say it. Unfortunately, it may just be the word from our leaders that forces the majority to start making those necessary changes.

More's the pity.

2 comments:

  1. I've been wishing for a straight talking politician for years. The older I get the more I lose that "hope" Oboner came into office on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a great article. i wish it were printed time magazine though.

    ReplyDelete